Foreign Drivers in the US
Prepare yourself for driving in the United States with our online drivers education course designed specifically for international drivers.
Take the course from home, study at your leisure, and be ready to navigate confidently through U.S. streets, roads, and highways. If this class will help ensure a safe, fun visit to the United States, why not invest a little to make sure your trip goes smoothly?
For only $34.99, you’ll:
- Learn about U.S. driving laws
- Get tips from driving professionals on driving safely on U.S. highways
- Familiarize yourself with road signs and traffic signals
- Find out how to get a U.S. drivers license and insure an automobile
- Get access to an unlimited number of DMV practice permit tests (available in English, Spanish, and Chinese)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I be introduced to all relevant aspects of driving in the USA?
Yes, this course will introduce you to everything you need to know for driving safely in the United States. It’s a course modeled after the drivers education courses required for new drivers in the United States, but it’s specifically tailored to meet the needs of visitors to the United States.
2. Will I receive a drivers license or learners permit after completing the course?
No, this course is only designed to familiarize foreign drivers with the U.S. rules of the road. If you have a drivers license in your home country, you can drive in the United States for a limited time. With our course, you can learn everything you need to drive safely in the United States.
3. Do the laws differ between U.S. states?
While traffic laws do change slightly from state to state, the road signs and laws are mostly the same.
4. Can I take the course in my native language?
Currently, the AmericaDrives.com course is only offered in English. We are working on courses in other languages, so please check back with us soon.
5. What programs/software do I need on my computer?
|a)||Any one of the following free internet browsers|
|Internet Explorer (5.0 minimum)||» Download|
|Mozilla Firefox||» Download|
|AOL (5.0 minimum)*||» Download|
|Netscape (7.2 minimum)||» Download|
* We do not recommend that you view our course in the AOL internet browser as some students experienced difficulties in the past. You can still take our course if you normally use AOL internet service; just use another browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to view the course.
|The latest, free version of Adobe Flash Player. And it’s probably best to restart your computer after installation.|
6. Is your site secure?
Your privacy is a big deal to us, and to protect it, we use PayPal to process all online payment transactions.
PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with us. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction.
7. What if I forgot my username?
Click here to have a username reminder emailed to you.
8. What if I forgot my password?
Click here to reset your password.
9. How do I contact customer support?
24/7 online chat support