TOP NOTCH DRIVING SCHOOL POLICY
* It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the Instruction Permit, issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (D.M.V), is in their possession for EACH driving lesson.A copy of the signed Permit will only be accepted on the 2nd or 3rd Lesson.We encourage students to make copies of the Signed Permit and keep them in their car and wallet at all times. Parent and Student Please completely read your permit. Understand that a teen student needs to wait 6 Months and 1 day from the issue day of their permit before they can schedule their test.
* Students must have their permit with them in order to participate in any behind-the-wheel driving lessons. Failure to have the permit will be treated as a "no show." If you have to change the time of your driving lesson, it must be at least two days (48 Hours) in advance of the appointment to avoid a LATE FEE or “no show” fee. The behind-the-wheel rescheduling fee (late fee) is $50.00 per occurrence. No more lessons will be done till late fee is collected (cash only). Please understand that instructors only get paid when they do lessons and when you cancel last minute they lose income.
* Bounced Checks: if your check bounces there will be a $25 charge and you will have to make a cash only payment on next lesson. No Certificate of Completion will be issued till all payments have been made.
* 6 hours of Driving Instruction is required by D.M.V. for all drivers under age 17-1/2. Each lesson is 2 hours, a total of 3 lessons. Your DMV Test should not be schedule until after you have completed your 3rd Lesson and we have issued you your certificate of completion.Only when you have your certificate in your hand should you schedule your DMV test.
* At Top Notch Driving School, we not only recognize that parent involvement is important, we make it a key component of our driving school curriculum. Parents are encouraged to be available at the end of each driving lesson, where instructor will share information to help build their teen's confidence and driving responsibility, as well as tips that will help parents coach their teens during practice periods. The 6 hours with us does not guarantee passing the DMV driving test.
* We teach students of all skill levels the key concepts of driving a motor vehicle. During the 6 hours all skills needed to pass the DMV behind the wheel driving test will be taught. We teach students all the skills they need in and around their neighborhood within a 5 - 10 mile radius. Parents are responsible to practice the skills we teach students and to practice with them at the DMV they will be testing at.The 6 hours with us does not guarantee a pass at the DMV. The Key is PRACTICE! Practice what the instructor teaches you and get confident behind the wheel. Again, PRACTICE is the key to the entire drivingprocess!
*On the 3rd Lesson, instructor will take Student to the D.M.V. in their City. For Example: If you live in Oxnard, we’ll take you to the Oxnard D.M.V. If you live in Ventura we will take you to the Ventura D.M.V. Camarillo Students your instructor will advise you on the recommended location of your closest D.M.V on your 2nd Lesson.
*Refunds will be subject to a $100 processing fee. Initials_______________
Important: If the Student can meet us at the D.M.V. then this results in the entire Lessons being at the D.M.V. and will be most beneficial to the student. If a Parent/Student Chooses an alternate D.M.V. (must be a location TNDS services) that is not in their city then there will be a $35 surcharge.
A D.M.V. Simulated test will be done. This test will help the student determine if they are ready or not or if they need more lessons. Students normally do not need more lessons if they are practicing the skills/techniques the TNDS instructors taught them. Per the California D.M.V. requirements, Parents must practice 50 hours with their child, 10 hours of which need to be at night.
* Signing this policy also confirms that you understand that should you or your child lose their Certificate of Completion that there will be a $50 processing fee to issue a newone.
* I agree to all conditions stated and if I am under 18 years of age, to show this form to my parents so thatthey are aware of these conditions aswell.
Important note: We will do our best to arrange for you the closest time available for your behind-the-wheel lessons. However, 95% of our clientele are teenagers in school and the late afternoon and weekend lesson times go first and therefore, will have a longer wait period. If you can make arrangements to take a lesson during a weekday, early morning or early afternoon, before 3:00 p.m., you should be able to get an earlier appointment time. Otherwise, the wait could be as long as six weeks. Summer is the busiest time of the year for us; the wait could also be as long as eight weeks. Please call 6 to 8 weeks in advance to book lessons.
* If a parent is not available to sign, student will sign but agrees to show this policy to their parent.
Parent/Guardian Signature:______________________________________ Date:_________________
Student Signature:______________________________________ Date:_________________