TOP NOTCH DRIVING SCHOOL POLICY
Education On Wheels
- It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the Instruction Permit, issued by D.M.V., is in their possession for EACH driving lesson. Copies will not be acceptable.
- Students must have their permit with them in order to participate in any behind-the-wheel driving lessons. Failure to have the permit will be treated as a "no show." If you have to change the time of your driving lesson, it must be at least two days in advance of the appointment to avoid a rescheduling or “no show” fee. The behind-the-wheel rescheduling fee is $50.00 per occurrence.
- Refunds will be subject to a $100 processing fee.
- 6 hours of Driving Instruction is required by D.M.V. for all drivers under age 17-1/2. Each lesson is 2 hours, a total of 3 lessons. The 3rd (last) lesson should be scheduled as close to taking the drive test as possible. Be sure to schedule your last lesson before making the Drive Test appointment with the D.M.V.
- At Top Notch Driver Training, we not only recognize that parent involvement is important, we make it a key component of our driving school curriculum. Parents are encouraged to attend the first class session, where we will share information to help build their teen's confidence and driving responsibility, as well as tips that will help parents coach their teens during practice periods.
If you have chosen the ONLINE PAYMENTS - CREDIT CARD 2 or 3 Payment Option Plan. Please noted that you have agreed to only do each of your lessons after online payment is received for that month. Should you choose to do your lessons sooner than payment is received then payment will needed to be made in cash or check at the time of your lesson and the online recurring billing will be canceled.
We will do our best to arrange for you the closest time available for your behind-the-wheel lessons. However, 95% of our clientele are teenagers in school and the late afternoon and weekend lesson times go first and therefore, will have a longer wait period. If you can make arrangements to take a lesson during a weekday, early morning or early afternoon, before 3:00 p.m., you should be able to get an earlier appointment time. Otherwise, the wait could be as long as six weeks. Summer time is the busiest time of the year for us; the wait could also be as long as six weeks.